It’s been awhile, friends! Life has been busy, chaotic, stressful, but surely exciting the last couple months. I’ve grown a lot, accomplished more goals, and I’m continuing my work so that I can be an even better person tomorrow when I wake up. Over the past 6 months I have graduated nursing school, passed my state licensing exam, and I have began practicing as a nurse in the Emergency Department. Over the next couple months I will be moving into my very own apartment, and continue my stressful transition to nursing.
Here’s yet another awkward picture of me attempting to be cute!
I’m happy. Happier than I imagined myself to be.
My two goals for 2019 was to begin working as a nurse and start working out. As of right now those two goals are being accomplished. Nursing school is hard. It’s long. It’s stressful. You are busy. You will cry. You will miss sleep. It’s hard to have a social life, a job, and live a healthy lifestyle. As a nurse, it’s important to me to have a healthy lifestyle so that I can be an example to my patients, my family, and my future kiddos. Sometimes it’s hard to even imagine where to begin after such a long break.
How do you get back on track with health after such a long break?!
Establishing a workout routine, developing better eating and lifestyle habits and sticking to them is difficult, no doubt. One question you N E E D to ask yourself everyday when you wake up is: “How bad do I want this?” It’s easy, cheap, and fun to eat like shit and never step foot outside for a walk or step foot into a gym and workout for 30 minutes. That’s it ya’ll, 30 dang minutes. We can all do it. If you need a mentor, I got you boo, all day. You don’t neglect your job, your kids, your partner, your friends, so why neglect yourself?
One thing I could tell anyone before starting on a fitness journey is: look at it in terms of three separate things… fitness, diet, and mentality. If you don’t deal with what is going on in your head, you will never be healthy. So you have to include your mentality in your overall healthy lifestyle.
I’m into fitness…..fitness whole cheeseburger in my mouth lol I got jokes for days, folks. Anyways, working out isn’t easy and it’s not always fun. But, one thing about working out is that you have to make it enjoyable and bearable. You have to figure out what is best for you. Some people hate working out in a gym, whereas others (including myself) aren’t motivated to workout unless it’s at the gym. Figure out what works best for you. There are thousands of workout videos that you can pop in your TV and start working on in your own living room. You literally have N O excuse for not working out. 30 mins, that’s all ya need people.
7 Ways to Get Back on Track Right N O W
- Create goals for yourself right now. Mental goals. Physical goals. Spiritual goals. Set goals. Write them down. Pursue them. Make them your priority. The simpler the goals, the easier they will be to achieve.
- Healthier sleep habits. Yep, I said it. One of the best things you can do for your body is sleep. Rest. Your body needs time to recover. Rejuvenate itself. Get a solid 8 hours of sleep. I promise you will be more willing to pursue your goals if you are well rested.
- Eat clean. Something even I struggle with. I don’t like vegetables. And I surely don’t like to cook. Eating healthy is expensive. But, your body needs fuel. Your body needs nutrients that will provide you with the energy you need to get through everyday and every workout. Plan out your meals. Do your research. Look up recipes that are easy, healthy, and convenient. You won’t regret it.
- Be active. Being active doesn’t just mean go to the gym or run for an hour on the treadmill. Being active means going for a walk with the dogs, kids, or hubby/friend/mom/grandma. Take a bike ride. Do yoga. Play a sport. Stretch. Just move. Whatever, whenever you can. Just move and be active.
- Take care of yourself. Always. Self care is key to being healthy mentally, physically, and spiritually. Listen to your body. Know when it needs a break. Splurge on that massage, boo. You deserve it. You work hard. Read my self care blog post here.
- Remember: You ain’t perfect. You will make mistakes. You will wake up with goals for the day and fail miserably at accomplishing all of them. Ditch the guilt, girlfriend. Guilt is a pointless emotion that sucks life out of you and those around you. It can be frustrating when you mess up and have a bad day. But, everyday won’t be perfect & it doesn’t affect your progress. You are doing great bb girl.
- Drink water erydayyy. Drink that h2O like it’s your job hunny. Your skin will look better. You will feel better. Your kidneys will love you. Hydrate ya self.
The biggest thing to remember when trying to get back on track is to take care of yourself. Listen to your body. Give it time to rest. Work hard, but take breaks. Enjoy the process of figuring out life. Embrace simplicity. Get rid of things that cause stress and de-motivate you. Do less and you will receive more. Take initiative of your life as we step foot into summer.
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!